Tripura University, Agartala was established in 1987. The University University was formed under the Tripura University Act, 2006. Later on 2nd July, 2007, it was converted to a Central University. It was established to fulfill the dreams of the local people of this region and for the cause of development of the tribal and backward people. It is the most important university in the north eastern state of Tripura.
Educational jurisdiction of the university is spread across Tripura. Initially housed at College Tilla, the University campus has now been moved to Suryamaninagar. The University has set up numerous departments, directorates and centers for imparting higher education in the state. More than 20 colleges are affiliated to Tripura University. The university supervises academic programmes and conducts examinations in its affiliated colleges. The University is a member of The Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
The launching of the MBB College was soon followed by the setting up in 1950 of Ramkrishna Mahabhidyalay in Kailasahar, present headquarter of North Tripura district . The year 1964 saw the launching of Belonia College in South Tripura, followed within three years by the establishment of Ram Thakur College in 1967 at Agartala. The students of the state remained hamstrung by one crucial fact : all the colleges had to secure affiliation with Calcutta University and no scope for university education existed within Tripura.
Since the late sixties of last century student movements within Tripura consistently focused on the demand for expansion of opportunities for higher education and setting of Tripura’s own university . Responding to rising demands Calcutta University authority agreed to have post-graduate classes on History, Mathematics and Economics held in MBB College and in 1976 University Grants Commission (UGC) formally recognized this as Calcutta University Post Graduate Centre (CUPGC).
Courses that are offer by this university
Click Here For The Result