Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) was established in 1937 by Shri M Ct M Chidambaram Chettyar to encourage overseas banking and foreign exchange operations. The bank is based in Chennai (Madras) with 2555 domestic branches and six branches overseas. The bank invites application from eligible candidates for recruitment to the post of Probationary Officers on probation for a period of two years.
Name of the Post & Number of Vacancies
Probationary Officer: 1500 vacancies
- Opening date for online registration/ payment of application fee: 30 March 2012
- Closing date for online registration/ payment of application fee: 19 April 2012
- Tentative date for Interview: May/ June 2012
- Educational Qualification: A Degree in any discipline from a recognised university/ Institution with minimum 60% Marks (55% for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD).
- IBPS Score Requirement: Valid IBPS score obtained in Common Written Examination (CWE) for Probationary Officers (POs) / Management Trainees (MTs) 2011-12 with a minimum score of 120 for
General category and 105 for SC/ ST/OBC/ PWD category.
NOTE: Candidates should also secure minimum marks, i.e. 24 for General category and 21 for Reserved Categories, in each subject including descriptive test in CWE.
- Essential Qualification: Candidate should be Computer literate which the candidate must either possess before or acquire within six months of joining the Bank.
- Desirable Qualification: Diploma in Banking & Finance (DBF) from Indian Institute Of Banking and Finance (IIBF) is a besides the above entry level qualification.
- Age Limit (as on 1 July 2011): Minimum 21 years, Maximum 30 years
Pay Scale: Rs 14500 - 600 x 7/ 18700 -700 x 2/ 20100 - 800 x 7/ 25700 plus DA, HRA, CCA as per rules in force from time to time.
Selection Procedure: Candidates shall be selected on the basis of interview (50 marks). Minimum qualifying marks in the Interview will be 22.50 marks for General Category and 20 marks for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PC Candidates.
Final selection will be made on the basis of aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in the Common Written Examination (CWE) conducted by IBPS in Sept / Nov 2011 & Interview and will be strictly according to the merit ranking.
Interview Centres: The personal interview will be tentatively held at major centres of the country and address of the same will be advised in the interview call letters.
Application Fee: Fee for General and OBC category candidates is Rs 200 and fee for SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates is Rs 50.
The fee can be paid either in the form of Payment Receipt Challan which will be available on the bank's website from 30 March 2012. The fee needs to be remitted in any of Indian Overseas Bank's branches by means of cash only and collect candidate's copy of Payment Receipt Challan for the application fee/ postage charge paid. Candidates should ensure that the following information has been correctly entered (1) Branch Name & Code Number (2) Transaction ID (3) Date of deposit and amount.
How to Apply: Candidates need to apply online on the bank's website http://www.iob.in No other means/ mode of application will be accepted. The registration number and password generated should be retained for future reference.
Candidates should submit the candidate's copy of Payment Receipt Challan along with the call letter and all other documents as advised in this notification at the time of Interview failing which the candidate will not be admitted for the Interview.
For more information, please CLICK HERE