Three.The Committee comprising Hon’ble Justice B. Sudershan Reddy (Chairman), Hon’ble Justice T.S.Thakur and Shri Fali S. Nariman.
2. Who is Jehangir Sabavala?
Jehangir Sabavala (23 August 1922 – 2 September 2011) was an Indian painter.Padma Shri by the Government of India - 1977.
3.Which ministry has launched ‘Sukhi Griha Scheme’?
Ministry of Railways.To undertake slum dwellers' rehabilitation and resettlement in a planned manner.
4.“Tin Bigha Corridor” is located between which country?
The Tin [or Teen] Bigha Corridor is a strip of land belonging to India on the West Bengal–Bangladesh border, which in September, 2011, was leased to Bangladesh so that it can access its Dahagram–Angarpota enclaves.
5.What is ‘Dreamliner’?
nickname of Boeing’s 787 Aircraft.
6.‘Brio’ is the latest car launched by which company?
7.Who is appointed as the head of Telecom equipment maker Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) of India business?
8.‘Aviator’ scooter is the latest version scooter by which company?
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd.
9.'Bharat Bike’ is manufactured by which company?
10.Japanese car-maker Toyota, has a joint venture in India with which company?
11.‘Sampur Power Plant’ is a joint venture between which two country?
India & Sri Lanka.
12.“Janam Bhoomi Gaurav” is name of :
a tourist Train.
13.Who was the head of the committee, which found Justice Sen. guilty of breach of trust and misappropriation of the receiver's funds for personal gain?
Justice A.P. Shah.
14. Where the meet of Health Ministers of 11 countries from World Health Organization (WHO) South East Asia Regions (SEAR) was recently held on?
15.Recently India lost hosting rights of 2011 Men’s Champions Trophy, now it will held in:
16.United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has highlighted India as a shining star, projecting an economic growth of 8.1 per cent — the fastest rate of expansion in the world after which country?
17.High-level government committee ruled out pooling of natural gas prices, stating that pooling of natural gas prices is not feasible.Who is the chief of the Committee?
18.‘Lauretta’ is latest car launched by which company?
19.Who won the men’s marathon world championships 2011?
20.Who is the Chairman of Force India F1 or Force India Formula One Team Limited?
21.Recently which of the following terrorist organization has warned that they would target major High Courts and the Supreme Court of India?
22.Who is the first Indian-American ever to be elected Governor of a U.S. state?
Piyush Boby Jindal.
23.India is the second largest telecommunication network in the world in terms of number of wireless connections after which country?
24.Which of the following state government has formulated an action plan to achieve total literacy by 2013 in addition to the Sakshara Bharathi scheme launched by the Centre to improve the literacy rate in the State?
25.Leading water innovators, policy makers, academics, researchers, investors, thinkers, catalysts, technocrats and entrepreneurs from across the globe will congregate in:
26.Recently which of the following country’s plane (Yak-42) carrying the Lokomotiv ice hockey team has crashed immediately after taking off from an airport?
27.Which of the following Indian-American is the Governor of South Carolina in the U.S?
28.The Commonwealth Youth Games are a small-scale version of the Commonwealth Games, designed for the youth of the 71 Commonwealth countries. Fourth Commonwealth Youth Games will be held at:
Isle of Man.
29.Indian boys have been clubbed with Tunisia, Greece, Estonia, Ukraine, Puerto Rico, Sri Lanka, South Korea and Slovenia in Group ‘A' in the World Youth 3x3 basketball championship to be held in:
30.S.J. Mukhopadhaya who has been appointed as a Supreme Court judge by President Pratibha Patil along with four others, was earlier the Chief Justice of :
Karnataka High Court.
31.Who is the current Chief Justice of the Karnataka High Court?
32.Which of the following state government has launched a scheme to distribute laptop to government and aided higher secondary school and college students?
33.Vandana Shiva is famous:
34.Which of the following states has launched rural tourism scheme “Har Gaon Ki Kahani”?
35.Which of the following countries has won Asian Champions Trophy hockey tournament in Ordos (China)?
36.To protect newborns and mothers ‘Janani Shishu Suraksha Yojna’ was launched all over the country by United Progressive Alliance chairperson Sonia Gandhi in which of the following states?
37.In the first public-private participation in the defense sector, Nikhil Gandhi-owned Pipavav Defense and Offshore Engineering Company have entered into a joint venture with which of the following state-run Shipyard Company?
Mazagon Dock Limited.
38.Scientists at the GB Pant Institute of Himalayan Environment and Development have discovered two new species of fish in Senkhi stream and Dikrong River of:
39.Which of the Indian cricket players have won the ‘Spirit of Cricket Award' at the annual International Cricket Council (ICC) awards function in London?
40.Which country has recently seeked Indian medical aid to fight dengue?
41.Hindi day is celebrated on which of the following day?
42.Global leader and U.S.-based technology services provider CSC has announced the acquisition of which of the following testing solutions company?
43.Which Steel Company has announced a major five-year improvement programme for its Ijmuiden steelworks in the Netherlands that is designed to sustain the plant's potential to be a world-class steelmaker?
44.Which multinational technology corporation announced that it has partnered Google for accelerating its entry into the Smartphone market by the first-half of 2012?
45.Jain Irrigation in partenership with which company has launched Project ‘Unnati', a unique partnership with farmers to demonstrate and enable adoption of ultra-high density plantation (UHDP) practice for mango cultivation?
Coca Cola India.
46.A car will be representing the country as India's most efficient solar car in the “World Solar Challenge 2011” to be held in October in Australia. The car has developed by which college/Universities engineering students?
Delhi Technological University.
47.Which mobile company has over 28 per cent market share (on value terms) in the mobile handset market and is the second largest player?
48.The world's largest bank by profit, balance sheet as well as market value, the Industrial & Commercial Bank of China (ICBC), has opened its first branch in which city of India?
49.The plant with a capacity of 300 tones a day, will supply liquid oxygen, nitrogen and argon to customers in the Maharashtra and Gujarat. Which company has planed to construct a new air separation plant in the Pune-Mumbai industrial corridor?
50.A leader in disaster recovery management software has announced its partnership with iValue Infosolutions, as a value-added distributor?
51.Which banks has started operations in Andaman Nicobar archipelago with its first branch in Port Blair?
52.Who is the Chairman and Managing Director of Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL)?
Shreyans Kumar Jain.
53.Which country has won the Asian Champions Trophy 2011?
54.Which retailer company has joined hands with the Himachal Pradesh Government for a strategic partnership to promote ‘Brand Himachal’?
55.Who is the current Chairman of Indian Atomic Energy Commission?
56.Who is the current President of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)?
57.NTPC has already signed preliminary agreements with which state governments for the execution of four coal-based power projects with a combined capacity of over 8,300 MW
Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh.
58.Which IT firm has been roped in by Deutsche Bank to provide software solutions to the financial services firm's capital markets business unit?
59.Michael Nobbs is coach of Indiam men's hockey team. He hails from:
60.The Railways has constituted a High-level committee on safety to recommend ways to modernize tracks, signaling, rolling stock and stations. Committee is headed by:
61.Who is the current chairman of Indian Atomic Energy Commission (AEC)?
Sri Kumar Banerjee.
62.“Pakistan: A Personal History” is the book which wrongly showed Pakistan-occupied Kashmir shaded in the same color as that of Pakistan. This book is written by:
63.Which airlines company has announced the extension of its short-term promotion scheme, Silver and Platinum Pass, aimed at providing air travel at competitive and affordable rates?
64.The fourth, 2012 ICC World Twenty20 international cricket tournament will be held in which country?
65.Which states has become the first state in the country to launch the ‘My Stamp’ program which allows people to get stamps with their photographs on it?
Jammu & Kashmir.
66.Union Minister of State for Communications and IT has released the ‘Text-to-Speech' (TTS) software for six Indian languages that will help convert text into human voice. This is available in Hindi, Bengali, Marathi, Tamil, Malayalam, and:
67.American multinational conglomerate 3M, which was earlier known as the Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company, announced the launch of its second research and development facility in:
68.Who has been appointed as the new President of Manufacturer's Association of IT Industry (MAIT)?
69.Which Life Insurance company has launched a range of term plans under the umbrella of ‘iSecure’?
Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance.
70.The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has sanctioned Rs. 399.22 crore to which State governments under RIDF-XVII for ‘Indira Jala Prabha'?
71.Which National award-winner Malayalam film, has been nominated as India's official entry for the coming Oscar Academy Awards?
Adaminte Makan Abu.
72.SLINEX-II "the largest joint naval exercises was conducted between:
India and Sri Lanka.
73.The Indian government has gifted 1,250 computers and peripherals to the schools of which country?
74.Which states of India has the highest number of people who smoke, but less of those who use smokeless tobacco?
Jammu & Kashmir.
75.Hinduja Group flagship company Ashok Leyland is contemplating to come out with a passenger version of its light commercial vehicle “Dost” in association with:
76.Indian women won the three-match football series against which country?
77.Which automobile company has launched the automatic transmission (AT) version of its premium SUV Santa Fe?
Hyundai Motors India Ltd.
78.World Tourism Day is observed on:
79.Recently which organization has been awarded carbon credits worth Rs.47 crore by the United Nations for reducing green house gas emissions?
80.Ellen Jonson Sirleaf who has been conferred Noble Peace Prize 2011, is associated with which of the following fields?
1. Name the number two economy of the world.
b. New Zealand
2. The merger of the State Bank of Indore with SBI took place on
a. August 15, 2010
b. August 26, 2010
c. September 13, 2010
d. September 23, 2010
3. Punj Lloyd Group bagged a contract for laying a natural gas pipeline from Dabhol to Bangalore from GAIL India for
a. Rs 539 crore
b. Rs 544.22 crore
c. Rs 594 crore
d. Rs 602 crore
4. Who has launched Passion Pro, a limited edition 100cc motorcycle, priced at Rs 46,300?
c. Hero Honda
5. The net worth of order for construction of bus rapid transit system corridors bagged by J. Kumar Infra projects is
a. Rs 126 crore
b. Rs 136 crore
c. Rs 146 crore
d. Rs 156 crore
6. HSBC has picked up 6.22 percent stake in a pharmaceutical company through institutional placement of shares. Name the company.
a. Strides Arcolab
b. Procter & Gamble
c. Johnson and Johnson
7. Hindustan Dorr-Oliver bagged an order from Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer (BPCL) and Chennai Petroleum Corporation (CPCL) worth
a. Rs 90.49 crore
b. Rs 92.59 crore
c. Rs 94.42 crore
d. Rs 96.57 crore
8. According to the govt. fi gures released in August 2010, the number one economy of the World is
9. Who amongst the following has been appointed as the Chief Executive Offi cer of Zee Turner?
a. Virad Kaul
b. Ajay Maken
c. Prem Bhatia
d. R. P. Goenka
10. The Asian Development Bank approved a loan for National Capital Region worth
a. $130 million
b. $150 million
c. $170 million
d. $190 million
11. Identify the industrialist who has been named as the businessman of the decade from the given options.
a. N. Vaghul
b. O. P. Bhatt
c. Harsh S. Mariwala
d. Ratan Tata
12. The number of units sold by Hyundai Motor India Ltd in the domestic market in September, 2009 was
a. 27,803 units
b. 30,303 units
c. 33,803 units
d. 37,308 units
13. During the last two fi scals the number of employees to leave Mahindra Satyam was
14. Tata Steel signed an agreement with a consortium of 13 banks, led by Standard Chartered and State Bank of India, for raising
a. Rs 15,000 crore
b. Rs 20,000 crore
c. Rs 25,000 crore
d. Rs 30,000 crore
15. In which Indian state does Huawei – the Chinese telecom equipment maker plan to set up a $500 million manufacturing facility?
b. Tamil Nadu
16. Maruti Suzuki India, recorded its highest-ever monthly sales in September at
a. 1,05,763 units
b. 1,05,706 units
c. 1,08,006 units
d. 1,10,086 units
17. The net income in the third quarter of Intel Corporation grew at percent to reach $2.95 billion.
18. The FDI in ow in India during the April – July quarter recorded a
a. Rise of 20%
b. Rise of 27%
c. Decline of 20%
d. Decline of 27%
19. During the fi rst quarter of 2010 – 2011, the sector which registered highest growth rate is
20. How much growth did Indian economy’s GDP register during the fi rst quarter of 2010-2011?
21. The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has spent over Rs 53,202 crore on road projects in last how many financial years?
22. According to the Global Competitiveness Report 2010 released by World Economic Forum, India has been ranked
23. According to the forecast made by the Forbes magazine, the richest man in the world in 2014 would be
a. J. Frank Brown
b. Tarun Kataria
c. Mukesh Ambani
d. L. M. Mittal
24. Name the state which has announced a scheme to provide free electric connection to 2 lakh BPL families.
b. Uttar Pradesh
25. The second best favourite destination in the world for FDI over next 2 years according to UNCTAD would be
a. Sri Lanka
26. In which Indian city has Facebook, the Social networking site, opened its office?
27. According to a study conducted by Assocham, which two cities have emerged as the highest employment-generating cities out of all the
other tier II and tier III cities of the country in the first quarter of 2010-11?
a. Pune and Bangalore
b. Pune and Ranchi
c. Ranchi and Delhi
d. Delhi and Bangalore
28. According to the Global Competitiveness Report 2010 released by World Economic Forum the country that has bagged the fi rst position is
29. Network18 Media & Investments accepted an offer from a subsidiary of Viacom 18 Media Private Ltd to buy The Indian Film Company at
a. 112.06 pence
b. 113.67 pence
c. 113.78 pence
d. 115.56 pence
30. The World steel demand is expected to grow at to a record 1.34 billion tonnes in 2011.
a. 4.3 percent
b. 5.2 percent
c. 5.3 percent
d. 6.2 percent
31. Within a space of 23 years after it made its fi rst shipment of 500 vehicles overseas, the exports of this organisation have now crossed the
milestone of 8 lakh units. Name it.
a. Maruti Suzuki
b. Hero Honda
32. Jindal Steel and Power acquired Shadeed Iron & Steel plant in Oman, for
a. $404 million
b. $464 million
c. $504 million
d. $554 million
33. India’s third largest software firm is
34. Nissan Motor registered total sales of 1,256 units in September 2010, with its newly-launched compact car
35. During 2009 – 2010 the state to register the highest growth in State Gross Domestic Product was
36. Name the bank which launched a new credit card to give frequent yers the chance to earn mileage points while ying on more than 50
domestic and international airlines.
c. Axis bank
37. Edify Education, a part of DRS Group, will invest Rs 500 crore to open a network of around 300 schools across
a. Sri Lanka
38. L&T has sold 2.42 per cent stake in Mahindra Satyam for through open market transactions.
a. Rs 249.11 crore
b. Rs 294.81 crore
c. Rs 298.18 crore
d. Rs 304.81 crore
39. Which premium carmaker is voluntarily recalling 350,000 cars worldwide due to a possiblity of brake problems?
40. Scott McConnell has joined as senior vice president and operating leader for the Americas region at
41. Auto component maker Bosch is planning to make an investment to ramp up its capacity at Jaipur plant, the company’s only V E distributor
pump manufacturing facility in the country. The worth of the investment is
a. Rs 100 crore
b. Rs 105 crore
c. Rs 110 crore
d. Rs 105 crore
42. Anand Mahindra, vice-chairman and managing director of Mahindra & Mahindra has gifted $10 million to support the Humanities Centre at
a. Oxford University
b. Boston University
c. Harvard University
d. Delhi University
43. Ambuja Cements production in September 2010 was as against 13.82-lakh tonnes in 2009.
a. 12.35 lakh tonnes
b. 14.84 lakh tonnes
c. 15.63 lakh tonnes
d. 18.33 lakh tonnes
44. The government has appointed as the Executive Director of a public sector Indian Bank.
a. Rajeev Ranjan
b. Rishi Raj
c. Rajesh Ranjan
d. Rajeev Rishi
45. Who amongst the following is the CEO and Managing Director of Birla Wellness & Healthcare?
a. Martin Newson
b. N Venkat India
c. Harsh Chitale
d. Jason Todd
46. Sundaram Finance acquired its joint venture partner BNP Paribas Asset Management’s 49 percent stake for
a. Rs 141.48 crore
b. Rs 144.84 crore
c. Rs 145.48 crore
d. Rs 147.84 crore
47. Name the cellular company that has launched a language helpline to help those who seek assistance for day-to-day conversations in
d. Tata Indicom
48. ’Most Admired Retailer 2010' award has been bagged by
b. Big Bazaar
49. Who is the newly appointed Chief Executive Officer of Skype?
a. Ritu Sarin
b. Karl Ulrich Kohler
c. Indira Nooyi
d. Tony Bates
50. Name the recently appointed chief executive offi cer of HCL Infosystems.
a. Morgan Stanley
b. Harsh Chitale
c. Martin Newson
d. Tarun Kataria
1. a. China
2. b. August 26, 2010
3. a. 539 crore
4. c. Hero Honda
5. b. 136 crore
6. a. Strides Arcolab
7. d. `96.57 crore
8. a. USA
9. a. Virad Kaul
10. b. $150 million
11. d. Ratan Tata
12. a. 27,803 units
13. a. 17,000
14. c. 25,000 crore
15. b. Tamil Nadu
16. c. 1,08,006 units
17. b. 59.45 %
18. d. Decline of 27 %
19. a. Manufacturing
20. c. 8.8%
21. b. 3
22. b. 51
23. c. Mukesh Ambani
24. b. Uttar Pradesh
25. d. India
26. b. Hyderabad
27. b. Pune and Ranchi
28. a. Switzerland
29. d. 115.56 pence
30. c. 5.3 per cent
31. a. Maruti Suzuki
32. b. $464 million
33. b. Wipro
34. a. Micra
35. c. Chhattisgarh
36. a. Citibank
37. c. India
38. b. `294.81 crore
39. d. BMW
40. b. Genpact
41. a. `100 crore
42. c. Harvard University
43. b. 14.84 lakh tonnes
44. d. Rajeev Rishi
45. b. N. Venkat
46. a. `141.48 crore
47. a. Idea
48. c. Croma
49. d. Tony Bates50. b. Harsh Chitale